Saturday 16 June 2012

Rococo, St Kilda

On a freezing Melbourne morning my friends and I headed down to St Kilda for brunch. The original plan was Galleon but they were super busy so we ended up over at Rococo.

I don't really have much to say about our meal and the service was average. We started off with coffees which were nice then got the food.

Avocado & fetta on sourdough with 2 poached eggs

Banana and hazelnut bread with mascarpone and strawberries


I know Rococo has a fairly decent reputation and to be honest the food was nice HOWEVER the portions were huge and the food overpriced. I mean $18.50 for avocado & fetta on toast with 2 poached eggs. Really? I would have preferred to pay half the price for half the serve! Another gripe we had was that the top of the menu clearly stated no alterations to menu items. Seriously - this is breakfast, the time where you are allowed to add an extra egg or take off the tomato.

I probably won't be going back in a hurry. I can get nicer food for a cheaper price elsewhere!

Sarah xx