Saturday 16 June 2012

Choc Bit Coconut Slice

This is such a simple recipe and it is delicious! I know there are other variations out there but this is what my Mum used to make when i was a child. I haven't yet met anyone who doesn't love this slice and it is so simple to make that anyone could do it!

The biggest issue with this slice is that it is fairly ugly! Delicious yes, but not too photogenic.




Did I mention how easy this recipe is? Don't believe me? Check this out!





Choc-bit Coconut Slice

180g Marie biscuits, crushed
150g butter, melted
1 pkt choc-bits (about a cup)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tin condensed milk

Mix biscuits and butter. Press into a slice tin. Sprinkle with choc-bits and coconut. Pour over condensed milk. Cook at 160°C until a caramel colour (about 20 minutes.)


Something i have found is that the base can be a bit crumbly. The last time i made it I added an egg to the biscuit crumbs and found that it held together much better so I would recommend adding an egg.
Layering up the goodies!

Mmmm condensed milk...
 Give this recipe a try - you won't be disappointed!

Sarah xx