Friday 21 February 2014

Spaghetti & Meatballs Cake

Ahhh novelty cakes! So much fun to make. If only I had children. Luckily my friends and brother are all big kids so they don't mind a bit of novelty factor for their birthday cakes.

This was my brother's cake.





Chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream 'spaghetti', rum ball 'meatballs' and raspberry coulis 'sauce.' It really was super easy to make and construct. I baked the chocolate cake in a foil tray so it looked like takeaway (also made it so easily portable!), used a large nozzle to pipe the buttercream into strands, topped with your basic rum ball recipe then drizzled in berry sauce. The only slightly frustrating thing was that the berry coulis was fluorescent pink/red, so to tone it down I added some drinking chocolate which worked a treat.

All in all really pleased with this one and the chocolate - peanut - raspberry flavour combination was delicious!

Sarah xx