Monday 17 February 2014

Macaron Madness!

It's no secret I love macarons. I love their versatility and endless flavour combinations. I also love the fact that so many people are afraid of making them so I get lots of requests!

Here are some of the better ones over the last year...

L-R Plum pudding, gingerbread, candy cane, pistachio
200 of these babies later and I was sorted for Christmas gifts and dessert!
Plum Pudding
So simple to make - buttercream, a jar of fruit mince and spices.
Gingerbread
The wilton sugar decos make all the difference! Recipe thanks to Mr Zumbo. Absolutely delicious!
L-R Salted caramel, fruit tingle
My new favourite technique - stripes! So easy to do, all you need is a paintbrush and gel dye. Simply grab your piping back and draw stripes of dye from the nozzle to the end of the bag. Place your uncoloured macaron mix in the piping bag and voila! Stripy macarons!
Chocolate, Hot Cross Bun
The bunnies need a bit more practice this year!
Strawberry Cheesecake Macarons
Gobbled down in an instant at work!
Strawberry Cheesecake filling

Lemon curd buttercream with raspberry gel
Tasted better than they look!

Stay tuned for more macaron fun this year!

Sarah xx