Sunday 21 October 2012

3 Days, 3 Salads

I love spring! Finally there are decent fruits and vegetables back in season. Although I love soup, after six months worth I crave salads.

I'm not one to follow recipes, I prefer to buy food then decide what to cook. Armed with a vegie drawer full of fresh vegetables, I set about to make myself some yummy dinners. Here is the result:

Day 1: Fennel & Orange Salad


 Thinly sliced fennel, orange, goat's cheese, craisins, slivered almonds with a citrus dressing

Day 2: Barbecued Vegetable and Barley Salad with a Lemony Pesto Dressing


Barbecued zucchini, corn & asparagus, blanched broad bean, avocado, feta, pearl barley, lemon juice, pesto.

Day 3: Roast Beetroot Salad

Roast beetroot, chickpeas, baby spinach, feta, za'atar,  pomegranate molasses, verjuice, tahini. 

Sarah xx

P.S. Sorry for the lack of posts recently!