2 cobs corn, husks removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 small capsicum (or a large one), diced
1 zucchini, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 large ancho chile, rehydrated in 1 cup water (alternately use 1/2 - 1 tbsp chipotle sauce, dried chilli powder or omit altogether)
800g tin diced tomatoes
2L vegetable stock
400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
200g tempeh, diced
2 limes, juiced
1/4 bunch coriander, diced
1 avocado, diced, to serve
1 cup grated cheese, to serve
1. Barbecue the corn cobs until charred. Remove kernels and set aside.
2. In a large crock pot, heat oil then add onion, celery, zucchini and capsicum then saute until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, cumin and paprika and saute for 1 minute
4. Remove ancho chile from water and dice, then add to crock pot along with the soaking liquid.
5. Add tomatoes and stock, then bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add kidney beans, tempeh and cook for another 5 minutes until tempeh is heated through.
7. Remove from heat and add lime juice and 3/4 of the coriander.
8. Ladle into bowls and top with avocado, grated cheese and extra coriander.